Following, please find my introduction of this book:
This book shows how purchasing is able to gain (more) profit for your company, how to calculate product and tool costs, how to negotiate your results with your suppliers in Asia; and how to build an effective system of supplier relationship.
The days of cheap raw materials and energy sources are gone. Our suppliers in Europe will demand price increases due to the rising costs of energy and materials. Is the relocation of your production facilities and purchasing sources to low-cost countries the alternative? How do you calculate the total costs so as to determine whether procurement in China will actually pay off? How do you determine a fair price for your purchased parts? How do you create transparency in the supply chain between sub-suppliers and OEMs in order to identify optimal costs and ensure performance?
Purchasing plays an important role in ensuring that your company stays competitive. So, particularly for purchasing management and staff, the mindset of CI (continuous improvement) is necessary. It involves relentless evaluation, most important of which is interaction with suppliers so as to improve their processes.
This book describes:
- How your purchasing department is able to gain (more) profit for your company;
- Excellent performance and new ideas for successful purchasing and supplier development;
- How to reduce costs in non-productive materials (NPMs);
- How to calculate product and tool costs;
- How to negotiate your results with your suppliers in Asia; and
- How to build an effective system of supplier relationship management.
Author: Karlheinz Zuerl
Year of publication: 2021